Once God have given some work to his messenger. The messenger went and completed the work and was returning.
While messenger was returning he met a King. He asked the king do you have any message for GOD? King replied, “my life is messed up and my country is not doing good, can you ask God to look into this”. The messenger took the message and moved forward.
Messenger then on the way met a beggar. He asked the beggar do you have any message for GOD? beggar replied, “Tell GOD I haven’t received my lunch yet”. The messenger took the message and moved forward.
Finally messenger met GOD, gave him the final status of the work given to him. He then conveyed the messages of king and beggar to GOD. After hearing the messages GOD replied, “Ohh!! I forgot about the beggar please make some arrangement for his lunch.
The messenger got shocked as GOD was not concerned about the king but was very concerned about the beggar. With great curiosity he asked GOD, “Why you haven’t addressed king concerns and are so worried about the beggar?”.
God replied, “to know the answer you have to go back and say what I say to them. Their response will give you the answer to your question.”
The messenger then went back to king and told him “God said, he can pass a camel from the needle hole”. The king replied, “How’s that possible. No, that’s not possible at all”
The messenger then went to beggar and told him same thing. He said, “God said, he can pass a camel from the needle hole”. Beggar replied, “Big deal, he’s GOD he can do anything and everything”.
These replies helped messenger realize why GOD was concerned about beggar but not king.
We must develop a way to motivate ourselves and “make it happen”. When you are motivated you are ready to take action.
When we are motivated we get following benefits.
* creativity – Once you become focused and motivated, creativity is a natural “side-effect”.
* energy – People who are motivated need less sleep and possess more excitement.
* health – When you are motivated, you have more reasons to get and stay healthy.
* magnetism – Others are naturally drawn to winners and people who are constantly energized.
* momentum – Building and maintaining momentum will breed more motivation and vice verse.
* multiplication – Motivation and energy is contagious! It will spread like wildfire.
* recognition – Others respect you for your achievements because people want to be associated with a winner. They will willingly offer their assistance.
* productivity – Motivated people get more done. They move quickly, deliberately, and maintain a can-do attitude along the way.
How to Develop Motivation
We must keep our goals in mind daily through writing them or reading what we have already written. It’s so easy to get caught up in the daily cycle that we make no effort to push forward. How many times have you said to yourself, “Wow, it’s Friday already?” Long-term goals get placed on the back burner and we simply react to whatever happens in our lives instead of leading the way. We may have been “busy” this week, but most times we haven’t accomplished anything significant. This will only make you feel worse which creates a domino-effect. Staying thankful of the things that you do have is a solid way of warding off negative thoughts and emotions.
Once we reach a major milestone, it is crucial to create a much higher goal and celebrate the achievement. In fact, it’s a good idea to celebrate the achievement before it arrives. When you do this, you put faith in God(universe or whatever you believe in) and yourself that what you desire WILL happen.
Are you motivated? What’s holding you back?